The Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Sant Pau University Hospital (Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona) offer 6 to 12 month fellowship to do a clinical immersion and to specialise in the breast reconstruction surgery.
Jaume Masià MD, PhD Department of Plastic Surgery Hospital de Sant Pau, Barcelona – Spain
During this period the fellow will be totally integrated in the Plastic Surgery Department, joining in all the clinical activities, outpatients, word-rounds, operating rooms, journal clubs, training labs…
DESCRIPTION The Fellowship places are according to availability of the Plastic surgery Department. Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau. The duration is 6 – 12 months. Different tasks will be developed in order to obtain specialization in breast surgery fields:
- Different types of breast reconstruction will be developed including autologous (pedicled flaps, free flaps and perforator flaps), implant breast reconstruction, and breast cancer oncoplastic approaches.
- The Surgical approach of the Lymphedema, techniques of breast reduction and mastopexy, implant breast augmentation procedures, revisional breast surgery and fat grafting will be performed by the different members of the department.
FELLOWSHIP GOALS We also encourage the fellow to join at the research activities of the Department.
- Currículum Vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal interview
FELLOWSHIP FEE 3.600 euros.
- According to the availability of the Plastic surgery Department of Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau.
- Once received and evaluated your information, you will receive the notification of acceptance or non acceptance and, if accepted, the payment details.
CONTACT PERSON FOR APPLICATION Ms Elena Mohedano E-mail: [email protected] Telephone: +34 93 556 55 05
To apply for the Clinical Immersion Programme – Barcelona Breast Surgery Fellowship, please submit your information at the Application Form below. Once received and evaluated your information, you will receive the notification of acceptance or non acceptance and, if accepted, the payment details. If you need more information, please don’t hesitate to contact Ms. Elena Mohedano.